Build With Robots provides access to fast-growing robot technology at Innovate ABQ
Build With Robots introduces the fast-growing technology of Collaborative Robots (CoBots) to central New Mexico’s economy. Entrepreneurs and inventors interested in learning about CoBot technology and applications will have access to CoBots at CNM Ingenuity’s FUSE Makerspace at the Innovate ABQ campus.
Build With Robots is a regional distributor covering New Mexico and El Paso for Universal Robots, the market leader in collaborative robots. In contrast to conventional industrial robots, CoBots are safer to work alongside humans to perform dangerous or repetitive tasks, from manufacturing tasks to painting to screw driving; they can be re-purposed for new tasks easily without the need for complex coding; and they’re relatively inexpensive at $26,450 for a base model.
At the FUSE Makerspace, Build With Robots is:
- Contributing to the formation of New Mexico small businesses and micro-manufacturing firms that can benefit from robot technology.
- Bringing unprecedented access to robot technology for students, community members and the local economy.
- Providing internships and other opportunities for individuals to learn and develop CoBot applications.
- Maintaining regular CoBot demonstrations and pilot applications.
- Teaching robot technology classes including CoBot Programming and CoBot Automation for Welders.
The FUSE Makerspace, located at the Innovate ABQ campus, provides students, entrepreneurs, small businesses and hobbyists access to high-tech machinery and computer software to design and prototype new products, create artistic works or pursue their hobbies while working in a collaborative, supportive environment. In addition to cobots, the Makerspace is outfitted with equipment for wood, metal and machine shops; electronics fabrication; laser and vinyl cutting; 3D printing; and screen printing.